Check out these super cool female cat names! Today we will share lists of awesome ideas for naming your cool cat. We’ll give you badass inspiration, and help you to pick a cool girl cat name everyone will love.
The Best Cool Female Cat Names
If you’re looking for cool female cat names, then look no further. We have 200 names that are guaranteed to impress everyone your kitty meets. Starting with these, our 50 favorite cool female cat names.
Cool Female Cat Names
Did you know that the proper term for an unspayed female cat is a queen? And of course, they fit the name perfectly!
Female cats are effortlessly cool. They are the embodiment of poise and nonchalance, and everything about them exudes self confidence. So it’s hardly surprising female cats have been the muse of deities, superheroes, art and music, for millennia.
Interestingly, there’s very little tangible evidence that the personality of female cats is at all different from that of male cats. But, one survey of cat owners revealed that female cats were more likely to be described by their owners as aggressive or fearful, and less likely than males to be described as affectionate or friendly.
So perhaps you female cat does need a cool name to reflect their aloof temperament. Now let’s look at some more categories of cool female cat names.
Cool Female Cat Names Inspired By Deities
Female cats are frequently proud and noble. They are goddesses in their own homes. So, what about one of these names, inspired by ancient goddesses from around the world?
- Alectrona – Greek goddess of the sun
- Antheia – Greek goddess of gardens
- Aphrodite – Greek goddess of love and beauty
- Artemis – Greek goddess of the hunt
- Athena – Greek goddess of wisdom, poetry and art
- Bastet – Egyptian goddess represented as a cat or lioness
- Bia – Greek goddess of force and raw energy
- Calliope – Greek muse of epic poetry
- Ceres – Roman goddess of farming
- Chia – Native American moon goddess
- Circe – Greek goddess of magic
- Demeter – Greek goddess of farming and fertility
- Diana – Roman goddess of the hunt, and the moon
- Eris – Greek goddess of chaos
- Flora – Roman goddess of spring
- Fortuna – Roman goddess of fortune
- Freyja – Norse goddess of love, battle, and death
- Frigg – Norse goddess of foresight and motherhood
- Gaia – Greek goddess of the Earth
- Hathor – Egyptian goddess of the sky, sun, music and dance
- Hebe – Greek goddess of eternal youth
- Hecate – Greek goddess of magic
- Hel – Norse goddess of the underworld
- Hestia – Greek goddess of the home
- Idun – Norse goddess of spring and new life
- Inanna – Mesopotamian goddess of love, beauty, war and justice
- Isis – Egyptian goddess of motherhood and protection
- Izanami – Japanese goddess of death ad creation
- Juno – queen of the Roman goddesses
- Kali – Hindu goddess of time, creation and power
- Menhit – Egytian lioness goddess
- Metis – Greek titan goddess of wisdom
- Minerva – Roman goddess of wisdom
- Morrigan – Celtic Goddess of war, fate, magic, and witches.
- Neith – Egyptian creator and hunter goddess
- Nut – Egyptian sky goddess
- Osun – pan-African goddess of divinity, femininity, fertility, beauty and love
- Persephone – Greek goddess of vegetation and spring
- Rhea – Greek goddess of nature, Gaia’s daughter
- Selene – Greek goddess of the moon
- Sif – Norse goddess of homes and crops
- Skadi – Norse goddess of winter and hunting
- Thalia – Greek muse of comedy
- Themis – Greek goddess of divine order
- Tia – Native American goddess of peaceful death
- Tyche – Greek goddess of prosperity and fortune
- Valkyrie – Norse goddess-like figures who choose who will be slain in battle
- Venus – Roman goddess of love and prosperity
- Vesta – Roman goddess of family and home
- Zana – Native American goddess of the moon
Note – Some of these deities here represented many more areas of life than we’ve got space to describe, so be sure to look up all the details of any that appeal to you! But if names from the past don’t appeal very much, our next category is much more modern.
Cool Female Cat Names Inspired By Comic Books
Heroes, antiheroes and villains from comic books are all great sources of cool female cat names. After all, one of the most easily recognized and most memorable antiheroes to date is Batman’s nemesis turned love interest Catwoman! So what about one of these names for your kitten?
- Barbara (Gordon, Batgirl)
- Betsy (Braddock, Psylocke)
- Carol (Danvers, Captain Marvel)
- Diana (Wonder Woman)
- Dinah (Drake, Black Canary)
- Emma (Frost)
- Felicia (Hardy, the Black Cat)
- Harley (Quinn)
- Janet (van Dyne, the Wasp)
- Jean (Grey)
- Jennifer (Walters, She-Hulk)
- Jessica (Drew, Spiderwoman)
- Kamala (Khan)
- Kara (Zor-El, Power Girl)
- Katherine (Kane, Batwoman)
- Kitty (Pryde)
- Lois (Lane)
- Mary-Jane (Watson)
- Natalia (Romanov, the Black Widow)
- Pamela (Isley, Poison Ivy)
- Selina (Kyle, Catwoman)
- Shiera (Sanders Hall, Hawkgirl)
- Susan (Storm, the Invisible Woman)
- Wanda (Maximoff, the Scarlet Witch)
- Zatanna (Zatara)
Unsual Cool Female Cat Names
For a lot of people, cool and unusual go hand in hand. And the best names are the ones that people will only ever associate with your cat, and are unlikely to ever encounter on another feline elsewhere. For example, one of these:
Androgynous Cool Female Cat Names
Unisex, or androgynous names for female cats also have a special kind of cachet. Here are some of the ones we like best:
Ice Cool Female Cat Names
Some of our pet girly cats are more than just cool. They’re ice cool. How about a name to show that off?
- Ice Cube
Awesome Female Cat Names
A lot of the cool ideas we’ve already looked at are quite human-sounding. But, some people think the most awesome female cat names are those that sound nothing like human names! Here are some you might love.
Badass Female Cat Names
The list of badass women in the world is endless. How about some of these names as a perfect choice for your equally badass new kitten?
Cool Female Cat Names Inspired by Appearance
And if you still haven’t found a name you love, how about we go back to basics and take a look at some inspired by our wonderful felines’ appearances.
Choosing Cool Female Cat Names
We hope you have enjoyed these lists of cool female cat names.
If you’re naming a kitten, why not try rotating through a shortlist of your favorite names for a few days, to see which suits her best?
Remember that if your cat will be allowed to roam outdoors during the day, then her name is something you’re likely to have to shout across the yard at dinner time to call her home.
So, make sure it’s something you’ll feel confident and unembarrassed about. Hel was an awesome goddess, but it’s an odd word for your neighbors to hear you calling out the back door at dusk!
Once you’ve settled on a name, say it softly to your cat several times a day, whilst feeding her a few treats.
She’ll quickly learn to come running when you call her!
What Is Your Cool Queen Called?
Let us know in the comments box down below!
You Might Also Like
- White Female Cat Names
- Unique Female Cat Names – The Best Original Girl Kitty Names
- Cute Girl Cat Names
- Japanese Cat Names – 180 Awesome Ideas Inspired By Japan
- Calico Cat Names – 250 Great Ideas For Naming Your Calico Kitten
- Funny Girl Cat Names
- Black and White Female Cat Names
- Orange Female Cat Names
Barry & Cromwell-Davis. Gender differences in the social behavior of the neutered indoor-only domestic cat. Applied Animal Behavior Science. 1999.
Bennett et al. Assessment of domestic cat personality, as perceived by 416 owners, suggests six dimensions. Behavioural Processes. 2017.
Hart & Hart. Your ideal cat: Insights into breed and gender differences in cat behavior. Purdue University Press. 2013.
Your Amazing Cat!
We are so excited to share our new book with you!
If you have enjoyed your visit to The Happy Cat Site we think you'll love The Happy Cat Handbook.
Written by the founders of this website including the author of the hugely successful Happy Puppy Handbook, it's packed with cat care information and fascinating cat facts.
Grab your copy today!