Welcome to our complete guide to Calico Cat Names! Helping you to find the perfect name for the most beautiful kitty in the Universe.
Every day, someone, somewhere, falls in love with a calico kitty for the very first time. Wow! And not too long ago, that someone was you!
But now, it is time to name her. And all you can think is, “so many girl calico cat names, how will I ever choose just one?”
But not to worry – we hope we have taken so much of the guess work out of the female calico kitten names selection process with each of the carefully curated lists you are about to read!
You will notice that each category of names for a calico cat has its own header.
Some sections also have sub-headers.
You can pick girl cat names calico associated with colors, flowers, gemstones, famous calico kitties, cute cat qualities, strength of character, comedy and humor and more!
So now, without further delay, let’s get to work selecting your precious calico kitty’s new name from these creative and colorful names for calico kitties!
Calico cat names
Choosing names for calico cats can be more challenging than an outsider would assume.
Reason being, this isn’t just any cat you are naming. This is your baby, your soul-feline, your furred sidekick, your purring partner in life for the next decade and then some.
So if you find yourself feeling anxious as you are browsing calico kitten names and calico cat names female, go ahead and take a break. Take a deep breath. Go play with your kitty. Relax.
Then come back and browse through a few more calico names for kittens and cats.
Maybe this time “the name” will jump out at you right away. Or maybe it will spontaneously come to you later while you are washing the dishes or cleaning the kitty litter or just waking up in the morning.
You and your new multi-colored fur baby have plenty of time to discover which one of the all the unique calico cat names out there in the world is reserved for her use alone. So for now, just have fun with it. Try different names for calico kittens on for size.
Notice if one of the cute names for calico cats that you are considering seems to “stick.” If she seems to perk up when you use it, or responds in some way to a particular name, make a note of it. If it happens again, you have likely just found your calico kitty’s new name!
Good names for calico cats
If you have read ahead and started to browse through these lists of calico cat names, you may understandably be wondering where all the male calico cat names are? And that is a great question – with a very intriguing answer!
As luck and DNA would have it, nearly all calico cats are also female cats (for a detailed explanation of why, please visit this great article).
When the rare male calico cat does appear, he is usually sterile (unable to make kittens).
For this reason, the following lists of good names for calico cats predominantly feature female calico cat names, with a handful of unisex name ideas thrown in for good measure…just in case.
Flowery feminine names for calico cats
These names for female calico cats focus on your new fur lady’s feminine traits.
Each of these beautiful names for calico cats female reflect on a different aspect of your calico cat’s elegance, grace, beauty, strength and personality.
So read on to see if one of these feminine names for calico cats turns out to be a perfect fit!
Orange flower calico cat names
- Honey Rose
- Tiger Lily
- Mokara (a breed of orange orchid)
- Cosima (a breed of orange rose)
White flower calico cat names
Colorful names for calico cats
As you know, your sweet calico kitty has three main coat colors: orange, black and white.
Depending on which color is dominant in your fur baby’s coat, you may want to select one of these colorful calico cat names!
Orange calico cat names
Black color calico cat names
P.S. Did you know that Crayola named one of its specialty black crayons “kitty cat black” – fabulous!
White color calico cat names
- Carina (a white star constellation)
- Zima (Russian word for “winter”)
- Sishya (Indian word for “clear teacher” or “wise one”)
- Blanca (Spanish word for “white”)
Female calico cat names
This list of female cat names calico features names that are both feminine and fanciful.
Each one of these names is a “name to grow into” as your kitten grows up into her full feminine potential!
- Marilyn (for when Marilyn Monroe was still a natural redhead)
- Jessica (for Jessica Chastain and Jessica Rabbit, both famous gingers)
Unique calico cat names
These unique calico cat names aren’t names you will hear every day, but then again, your sweet calico kitty is one-of-a-kind in every way and deserves a name as unique as she is!
Perhaps one of these unique names for calico cats will suit her perfectly!
- Orange Blossom
- Julia (after the lovely same-named orange butterfly)
- Miu Miu (Thai word for “little sister”)
- Glinda (the ginger-haired good witch from “The Wizard of Oz”)
- Dorothy (the ginger-haired star of “The Wizard of Oz”)
- Paprika (a reddish/orange-colored spice)
Famous calico cat names
Each of these calico cat names girl has been selected for inclusion on this list because the celebrated real life kitty in question distinguished herself in some wonderful way.
Whether the calico kitty’s work was as a professional mouser, a feline mascot, a feel-good poster cat, or even a scientific feline pioneer, you can’t go wrong naming your calico cat after one of these inspiring furred stars!
- Inga (a famous “working cat” who moused for the Washington Observatory)
- Lylah (an official product tester for the company Catastropic Creations)
- London (a calico cat who is VP of Claims for Lloyd’s of London)
- Nyanya (a calico cat co-anchor of TV Tokyo’s Weekly News Digest)
- Tama (the famous calico cat mascot who was named an honorary stationmaster of western Japan Kishi Station)
- Pudge (a robust calico cat who is also a rising global Instagram sensation)
- Rainbow (a calico cat donor mom who helped clone CC, aka Copy Cat, the world’s first feline cloned pet)
- Callie (a calico cat mom to the uber-famous internet sensation Grumpy Cat)
- Marzipan (the calico cat theater mascot of Melbourne, Australia’s Astor Theater)
- Princess Peony and Empress Tang (Martha Stewart’s two cute calico kittens)
Gemstone calico cat names
There is a good reason gemstones are so eternally prized. They are just so breathtakingly beautiful!
Each of these gemstone-based names can enhance some unique aspect of your calico cat’s one-of-a-kind coat color and pattern.
- Almandine (a beautiful orange-red garnet)
Cute calico cat names
Each name on this list of cute calico cat names is hand-picked to reflect both your calico kitty’s coloration and also her cute antics and even cuter feline face!
So now read on to find out if the perfect name for your kitty is on this list of cute female calico cat names!
- Penny (after the copper-colored coin)
- Maizie (after the autumn orange/red/gold corn)
- Robin (after the American robin bird with the orange/red breast)
- Magpie (after the black bird with the yellow-orange bill)
Funny calico cat names
The names on this list of calico kitty names have been chosen to highlight different aspects of a calico cat’s inner comic.
There is no doubt that calico kittens and cats can turn even the most determined frowns upside down, and these names can even intensify the sunshine and good cheer your calico kitty shares with you and this world!
- Ms. Purrfect
- Here Kitty Kitty
- Mila Whiskova
- Pawlina Katiscova
- Lady Marmalade
- Miss Twixie
- Tootsie Twinkletoes
Strong calico cat names
It is very common to pick out a calico cat names girl that is reflective of coat color, playfulness, personality or sheer kitten cuteness.
But sometimes you can just see your calico goddess’s strength and regal nature shining through so clearly, and as you are pondering what to name a calico cat, you realize only a strong and equally regal name will do!
- Kali (the Indian goddess of demise and renewal)
- Venus (the planet, the goddess of love, and the famous bi-colored calico cat)
- Mystique (the shape-shifting movie character from the movie series “X-Men”)
- Amber (the ancient and enduring prized gemstone made of fossilized tree resin)
- Velma. (the science gal from “Scooby Doo” who always wore an orange sweater and frequently solved the gang’s cases)
- Scarlet O’Hara
- Georgia (after the state and the famous song)
- Fiona (Gaelic word meaning “fair” or “white”)
Best calico cat names
We hope you have thoroughly enjoyed browsing through this curated list of the best calico cat names! Maybe you were reading through the lists and suddenly a single calico cat name just jumped out and said, “Pick me! Pick me!”
Or perhaps you read through a particular category’s list of cat names and that gave you inspiration to discover your calico kitten’s own perfect name!
Maybe you are still pondering the perfect name, narrowing down your choices to a handful of top contenders that you and your kitty can explore further together.
When you find that single perfect name, we’d love to know what you selected! Please share your calico kitten or cat’s new name with all of us here so we can be inspired and celebrate with you!
Still can’t decide – we’ve got more!
Not sure which name to choose yet, then why not widen the net and check out some of our other awesome lists of cat names.
Resources and Further Reading
- Eveleth, R., “Crayola Has At Least 16 Different Names For What Most of Us Would Call ‘Orange’,” The Smithsonian, 2013.
- Pinder, E., “A Purr-fect Storm: The Mount Washington Weather Cats,” Life at the Top, 2016.
- Rogak, L., “Cats on the Job,” St. Martin’s Press, 2015.
- Yamaguchi, M., “Tama, the cat that became a railway stationmaster in Japan, elevated as goddess at funeral,” U.S. News & World Report, 2015.
- Fecht, S., “The 11 Most Important Cats of Science,” Popular Science, 2014.
Your Amazing Cat!
We are so excited to share our new book with you!
If you have enjoyed your visit to The Happy Cat Site we think you'll love The Happy Cat Handbook.
Written by the founders of this website including the author of the hugely successful Happy Puppy Handbook, it's packed with cat care information and fascinating cat facts.
Grab your copy today!
Free Updates For Cat Lovers!
Our cat care articles, tips and fun facts, delivered to your inbox